Friday, April 10, 2009

Huge Change(s)

Well in order to get me some money and actually clean up I have sold all my armies. Thats right I have sold the Chorto 4th, a "yellow" IG army, the Doom Legion company and am still selling the Chaos.

However I have not been idle. Although I sold much I have actually taken time to refocus and decide where I wanted to go with my hobby. Obviously my first love is the IG and as such I will be building them up from scratch. I have a ton of models on sprue so that is good and will be fun. I am converting almost all the guns in the army and adding Pig Iron heads too. I will be adding a picture of the model soon. The basic plan is that they will be "Heresy" guard. Of course fluffwise they have supplied Regiments to the IG since before the Heresy so they can be used in almost any timeline. To start I am removing the Imperial Eagle from the torso and shaving of the raised section(for voxes and the like) on the models backs.

Now this might seem silly and crazy but most of Guard players are. I have also gotten my hands on the new codex(sitting right beside me now!)so I think that an army from scratch is my best bet. I want them to be fully converted and unique and as such a new army seemed easiest.

I have created a rough 500 point list from the new codex to allow me to build my army up in peices.

Company Command Platoon @ 100 Points
-Company Commander(Power Weapon)
-4 Veterans(2 Flamers, 2 with Laspistols and Medic)

Infantry Platoon @ 310 Points
Platoon Command Squad
-Platoon Commander(Power Weapon)
-4 Guardsmen(2 Flamers)

Infantry Squad
-Sergeant
-9 Guardsmen(Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher)

Infantry Squad
-Sergeant
-9 Guardsmen(Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher)

Infantry Squad
-Sergeant
-9 Guardsmen(Lascannon)

Heavy Weapon Squad
-3 Heavy Weapon Teams(Mortars)

Veteran Squad @ 90 Points
-Sergeant
-9 Veterans(2 Meltaguns)

500 Points.

I feel this list is effective at 500 points and can be used as a strong base for an army. I have 3 Mortars, plenty of Infantry killing power and a Lascannon + Meltas for armour and tougher infantry. Plus I end up with like 48 Models(well 51 if you count the Heavy Weapon teams as two which you don't really)so it seems solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment